Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To bring clarity into this portion of the contract contract, we are going to define some SEO terms/jargons which we have used in the contract. Our goal is to develop a contract in plain English which is mutually understood by all the parties entering into the contract and which minimizes erroneous beliefs.
However we make no warranty/guarantee of accuracy and completeness of the SEO terms described below. Our definitions should not be considered as be all and end all of SEO terminology.
- “Deliverable“- It is a term used in project management to describe a tangible or intangible object produced as a result of the project that is intended to be delivered to a customer (either internal or external). A deliverable could be a report, a document, a server upgrade or any other building block of an overall project
- “SEO” –Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a website from search engines via “natural” or unpaid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results as opposed to search engine marketing (SEM) which deals with paid inclusion.
- “Social Media Optimization” – It is a set of methods which are used to generate publicity through social media.
- “Search Engines” – It is a computer program which is used to retrieve documents from a computer network. Three popular search engines are Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- “Client’s Competitor” – It is an individual or a company which is in the same exact niche as the client and is targeting the same/identical keywords in same/nearby geographic location(s).
- “Keyword” – Keyword or keyword phrase is a search term(s) which is used to retrieve information through search engines.
- “Keyword Research” – It is a practice used by search engine optimization professionals to find and research actual search terms people enter into the search engines when conducting a search.
- “Keyword Stuffing” – It is considered to be an unethical search engine optimization (SEO) technique.
- “Keywords cannibalization” – Several web pages targeting same keyword(s)
- “URL”- It is the address of the web page on the Internet.
- “URL Canonicalization” – It is the process of picking the best url when there are several choices, and it usually refers to home pages.
- “Link Building” – It is a Search Engine Optimization technique which is used to get backlinks (or votes) for a website.
- “Linkbait” – Linkbait is any content or feature within a website that somehow baits viewers to place links to it from other websites. Matt Cutts defines link bait as anything “interesting enough to catch people’s attention.
- “Website Usability”- It means how easy it is for visitors to use your website.
- “Website Accessibility”- It means how accessible your web pages are to your visitors and search engines.
- “User Engagement”- It refers to the degree to which a visitor has been positively influenced by the website and is engaged in it.
- “Conversions”- Also known as goals. They can be orders, leads, downloads, pageviews, sign ups, traffic etc.
- “Conversion Rate”- It is the percentage of visits which result in goal conversions.
- “KPI”- KPI or Key Performance Indicator is used to measure how well an organization or individual is accomplishing its goals and objectives.
- “Link popularity”- It is the measure of the quantity and quality of inbound links (backlinks) to your website.
4 Corners Creative LLC is committed to provide following deliverables:
- Review of the competitiveness of the client’s industry and the targeted keywords.
- Review of the current ranking potential of the client’s site and back link profile analysis.
- Review of issues related to website usability, website credibility, website accessibility, user engagement, legal issues and suggestions regarding how to fix them.
- Recommendations for avoiding/fixing negative SEO issues (keyword stuffing, duplicate contents, URL canonicalization, hidden text, hidden links, sneaky redirects, keywords cannibalization etc)
- Recommendations regarding content development. What type of contents and content categories can attract additional traffic and links and can help in improving conversions (goals).
- Suggestions regarding link building From where and how you can acquire/request/buy links.
- Review of the client’s site traffic – how visitors find your website, where they come from and how they use it. How keywords and advertising campaigns are performing. How the site is performing in comparison to hundreds of other sites in the comparable industries.
It provides vital information regarding competitors like who are your competitors, which keywords they are targeting, what are they doing to attract traffic and links. From where they have got their back links. We also determine the current ranking potential of your competitors in search engines and help in establishing KPIs.
It provides list of keywords that can bring highest volume of relevant traffic to the website along with their search volume. It also provides suggestions regarding how keywords should be used on site to attract additional traffic.
We try to fix all the issues we have identified during website audit, so that the website works for your business and is able to convert relevant traffic into sales or leads.
We modify the title tags, meta tags, contents, HTML code, naming conventions and other on-page factors of client’s website to make it relevant to search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing) for targeted keywords. We do keywords positioning/placement to attract additional traffic to the site.
We acquire/request/buy links from vast array of websites to improve the ranking potential of your website in search engines and to rank for targeted keyword phrases.
We develop and promote contents (press releases, articles, blogs, link baits etc) which help in getting additional traffic and links to your site and also helps in improving the conversion rate.
We develop methods to generate publicity through social media like blogs, forums, social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc), meetup groups, industry events etc.
We continuously monitor the effectiveness of our SEO campaign and send you traffic and rankings reports on a regular basis.